Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Weekend at Afamosa Chillax

First of all, I would like to wish all my Indian friends Happy Deepavali. For others, a happy holiday too! Last weekend, I went to Afamosa, Melaka for their waterworld, cowboy town and safari. Overall I would say its more for family vacation with kids. However, I enjoy the trip very much. Lugging the camera around wasn't easy, especially at the waterworld. You gotta have someone to take care of your camera while you playing in the water (unless you just going in to take photo). At night, we went to cowboy town which is quite nicely decorated with Halloween theme. I have seen the show before so I'm expecting Red Indian stuff, animal parade, and lastly the fireworks. However, due to bad weather, we have to go back before the show ends. We can only manage to watch the fireworks while on the way back to hotel. Next day, we went to the safari. In my opinion, unless you have kids, this place is nothing much. (you must be thinking: I thought everybody knows it?). The cowboy show in there is ridiculous and we can't stand to finish the show. The bird show however, is much better. So, this is all I got for this trip.

This is the only photo I take when I'm not in the water. 
X100s is difficult to show perfect sunstar even I have stopped down to f/16 already. The color and dynamic range is impressive though. I have seen go pro, Sony Experia Z while I'm at the waterworld. This is the place they shine!

At night, after dinner we went to the cowboy town show.

The entrace is nicely decorated with dancers to welcome you.

Poor pony waiting for customers.

The red indian show

Impressive skill

She enjoy the X100s very much!

During the break, they sell the carrot for pony feeding

The so called Clown Queen

Cowboy in action

The parade.
All the images at night were shot with Nikon D600 with 50mm 1.8G. At ISO3200, the images is very usable. If you zoomed in 100% you will still see noise but still manageable in Lightroom using the Luminance slider. I wouldn't pull the slider more than 30 otherwise you ends up getting oil painting like images with no details.

The next day we went for the safari. We were late so we missed the elephant show at 10:30am.

The elephant raise its nose towards me as I took the shot.

During the birds show performance. 

One of the audience volunteer to join the performance

Monkey in the monkey island. Its so small we having hard time finding it!

Cranes taking afternoon nap with one leg standing.
Since I'm travelling only with a 50mm lens, I am having hard time to fill the frame with the animals. Perhaps a 70-300 f/4-5.6 zoom will be very useful in this situation. You don't need the 70-200 f/2.8 in day light, it's for bragging purposes!

So that's all for now, thank you for reading. 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment